1. The truck is loaded with explosives because the Government is concerned about____________________
2. In explosions, ____________________ are rapidly rearranged.
3. In explosions, chemical bonds are _____________________
4. Explosions require ________________ and________________
5. Gunpowder is made from ______________, and _______________
6. Some of the fireworks used to celebrate the end of World War II went up as high as _________ feet into the air.
7. Black powder contains _______________, and _____________
8. _____________ was a Franciscan Friar who laid the foundation for modern science.
9. The first weapon using black powder was the ________________
10. Low explosives _____________________
11. An example of a high explosive is _______________ _______________
12. ______________ is caused when a chemical is compressed, making the pressure increase.
13. But, the energy is still released when the ____________
14. The _________ ___________ were established because the man who invented dynamite didn't want to be known as the Merchant of Death.
15. ________________ is a mixture of nitroglycerine and clay.
16. Gunpowder is not a good explosive for guns because it ___________ and shows where the shooter is.
17. The atom bomb gives up enormous amounts of energy when the __________ of the atom is changed to pure energy.
18. After the cold war was over, many ___________________were destroyed.