Letís Talk About AIDS
1. One teenager is infected with HIV every _________ of every ______ in the U.S.
2. AIDS stands for A_____________ I_____________ D________________ S______________
3. HIV infects a specific blood cell called the ____________________ cell.
4. Viruses are also known as __________________________
5. Opportunistic infections can be caused by both _________ and __________.
6. HIV is primarily spread through ___________________ contact.
7. There is no such thing as ____________________† ___________________† _______________.
8. HIV can/cannot (circle one) be transmitted by casual contact.
9. The B cell makes ___________________________.
10. Cytotoxin T cells only attack __________________________ cells
11. The initial period of HIV infection is called the ______________ phase and last about ______ weeks
12. Helper T cells ___________during the average 10-year period of clinical latency.
13. ___________ helper T cells are destroyed by HIV and replaced by the body everyday.
14. Up to _____________ viruses are produced everyday in someone who is infected with HIV.
15. The only sure prevention against this disease (HIV) is __________________.